Thursday, January 01, 2009

Some Changes in Roodanoke

Last year I read two book that have helped me; I want to implement more of their suggestions into my everyday life. The books are How to Read a Book by Adler and How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth by Stuart & Fee.

My goals are pretty simple, I want to do a better job of reading the Bible. I've just started a year long Bible reading plan with some of my co-workers. I want to do a better job of understanding the different genres of literature in the bible and I want to have a better understanding of each individual book in the Bible and understand how it fits in with the rest of the Bible. Most of all I want to understand the mind, heart and will of the Lord better.

Each week I'll post a short post about my Bible reading that week. Some weeks it might be an outline. Other times it might read more like a devotional.

I hope you'll read along with me. If, you're in a New-Year's-Resolution-making mood and you're interested in using the same schedule I'm using, send me an email and we can read along together.

No comments: