Did you catch the mistake in my last blog?
Sometimes I get into the habit of thinking that the Bible is all about me. For example, when the Lord says to Joshua, "Be strong and courageous" I assume that this is about me. That this is the Lord's way of telling me to man up. And so I begin to thing about different areas of my life which lack strength or courage. To be fair, this is not a bad question for me to habitually ask myself, but it should not be the way that I read this passage.
I was reminded this Sunday when listening to Tim K (who has yet to acknowledge my personal journals as the source of so much of his material, from which he reverse engineers so many of his sermons) that we must practice reading the Bible with a Christ centered view.
So it's wrong when I begin to think of Israels wilderness as my own, or as having something to do with me and what I'm going through. It's there to show us more about Christ. Keller's sermon reminded me of the Mt. of Transfiguration, when Moses and Elijah came to help Christ prepare for His Exodus, His Wilderness. That He being completely cut off and isolated from His Father didn't merely go through an ocean, but passed under it, bearing the full weight and shame of sin, so that His people could live free from bondage.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment